Track my progress!

       

Monday, August 16, 2010

Curl Street Journal Post: Why I've been MIA and lots of pics!

Yet another Curl Street Journal post

Hey curlies! I've been on CN the past 2 weeks or so but haven't really made a post on my journal in a while. Did yall miss me? lol.

I really enjoyed my 2 week break from school but alas, my first day of class for the fall is tomorrow (I have classes Tues, Wed, and Thurs this semester). Back to the daily grind I suppose!

In hair news, I put in some small twists about a week and a half ago (my first set that I wore out since my BC) and wore those from Wed-Sunday (I redid the front Thursday though because they were too big since I was in a rush to finish before Wed. night church service). Sunday I untwisted them for a very cute twistout. They were small enough that I didn't even separate after I untwisted them and had a very defined twistout that I LOVED! I wore that for...I don't know how many days lol. I only retwisted a few in the back that were getting a little frizzy from me sleeping on them.

Finally once it started looking more frizzy than cute I was fingercombing my hair and decided to pick it out just for fun, and to wear a bigger puff for the day(...or make that days!) before FINALLY washing and detangling my hair...after almost 2 weeks . My fro is nowhere NEAR one of my hair idols LynnieLuve, but I still thought it was kinda cute. Not shaped well enough to wear out mind you.... plus I sent my boyfriend James a picture while he was at work and he said I looked like an 80's supervillian. Gotta love that guy Oh yeah, I did do some flat twists yesterday in the front of the puff because I was getting a little bored with it and wanted to jazz it up for church a little...but I didn't take pics

I FINALLY DC'd yesterday and washed and detangled. We were going to a training class for church last night, so I just wound up with a wash and go. Today though, I plan to wash again and apply the Kimmaytube leave in so that I can put in some small twists again...this time I won't worry about the parting so much, and I'll just grab and twist. I'll keep these in for a few days or maybe even a week if I like them and then do a twistout for a few days before detangling again. Baby steps protective styles lol.

Enough chatter...here's the pics!

Twists

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Twists Back view

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Twistout Puff with flower (That I broke by accident getting out of the car Sad

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Regular Twistout Puff

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Twistout Puff Closeup

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Fro! (Just for fun)

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


Fro puff (how I actually wore it)

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize


That's it for now lovely ladies! I hope you all have a great week!