Track my progress!

       

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Curl Street Journal Post: Updates and would you buy something if I started an online bakery?

Another Curl Street Journal Post

Hello my lovely readers!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm enjoying my break and also trying to juggle a few ideas around in my head. I guess I'll get to the hair-related stuff first.

I'm wearing a 3 day old wash and go that I've been refreshing with a spray bottle of water since I haven't had time to do anything else. Also, I wanted to wash and detangle my hair today and try to put in some mini twists. I'm not sure if my hair is long enough for them to look cute enough to wear out...but if not I should have an awesome twistout tomorrow lol. This will be my first time putting mini twists in my own hair, but I think it should be ok since I installed kinky twists myself during my transition a few times, and this is a little less complicated since it's all my hair. Hopefully it won't take too long. Oh yeah, my dad wasn't to terribly upset about my hair when I went home this weekend, and everyone else seemed to like it somewhat lol. Maybe that's just because I was just there for a day and they didn't have time to come up with any clever jokes.

Ok on to my non-hair related possible business venture...

While I was in Mobile I made some "Cookies and Cream" cupcakes. I saw the recipe online for making them from scratch but I didn't want to invest that much time (lol) since I wasn't going to be in town long, so I did the same thing with a boxed white cake and white frosting with oreos crushed up in them. They were a big hit, except half of my family though the oreo cookie on the bottom was actually where I burnt the cupcake...maybe i should have told them about that earlier lol. Anyway, I've always liked making sweet stuff...cakes, cupcakes, fudge, oreo truffles, you name it. In fact, for holidays or whenever I go home, I'm basically required to make a batch of my "famous" oreo truffles or at least some fudge. While I was home, my niece even asked me if I thought about selling my stuff online. Now I'd thought about opening a bakery one day, but a mail order one never occured to me. I looked on etsy.com and sure enough, other ladies were selling truffles, cookie, cakes, cupcakes etc.

So what I want to ask is, if I were to start up a bakery service online (mostly oreo truffles, chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, and peanut clusters to start and then cupcakes and maybe cakes once i figure out how to ship them without them getting messed up), would any of you ladies be interested in ordering?

Let me know! Speaking of baked goods, there's one more cookies and cream cupcake in the fridge that's calling my name! Bye lovelies!

P.S. I just noticed that I'm 11 months post perm! One more month till a year! Yay!