Track my progress!

       

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Curl Street Journal Post: She's Back!

Curl Street Journal Post

I know you guys are thinking...Janet did the BC and now she can't even visit her own curl street journal anymore.

I know, I know I'm bad. I haven't had a whole lot going on hair wise to talk about though. I've mostly been doing some wash and gos, and the other day I did another TWA modified twist and curl. The cool news I have is that my boyfriend bought me a new 12 megapixel camera a few weeks ago, so I'll have LOTS of pictures for you guys coming up! I think I may even do a few more youtube videos here and there...

So in hair news, today I finally did an ACV rinse. Noticed a little itching reduction but not a ton. Then tonight I made the famous kimmaytube leave in mix with giovanni leave in, castor oil (first time using it), aloe vera gel (first time using the liquid), and jojoba oil. I followed the directions as best I could without a scale (used 2 tablespoons of the Giovanni) but I think the next time I'll only do half of the recipe since I had too much. I put the rest in the fridge for now. I also decided to dust off my Curlformers and try those with the leave in. We'll see the results of that tomorrow. I sat under the dryer on low for about 5 or 10 minutes (it was starting to get kinda hot and I'm scared/paranoid of heat damage )

I got the idea to try the curlformers again after watching a nikkimae2003 youtube video. I hadn't used them since my transition because I figured my hair was too short. I mostly have the long and wide ones so I just used those. My hair doesn't know that it doesn't go all the way to the end lol

In life news, I have finals for my 2 classes next week (take home final and paper due tuesday, and final, paper, and project due Wednesday) and then I'm done for about 2 and a half weeks before the fall semester starts.

Also, my brother is coming back from his deployment in Afghanistan early! He'll be home tomorrow, and my sister is coming into to town next week so James, Chase and I are going that weekend too. We were going to go this weekend but I figure if I wait I can catch my brother and sister together since I haven't seen them since February.

This will also be the first time going home since my BC... My dad wasn't that pleased when he saw the pictures but maybe seeing it in person will bring him around.

I guess that's it for now ladies...I'll be back with pictures next time probably.